Monday, September 12, 2005
The FTAA, LOST, & More
In the meantime, as of this writing we are around 26 and a half hours away from John McManus's speech here in Greenville on the FTAA: World Government Is the Goal, which I would encourage everyone reading this and within easy driving distance of the Greenville, S.C. area, to attend. John McManus currently directs the nationwide Citizens Committee to Stop the FTAA.
There is also the Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST), yet another UN powergrab in motion. Here are some links explaining more about what LOST is and why it ought to be defeated in the Senate, courtesy of reader William Morrow of Austin, Tex.
LOST is opposed by a who's who list of conservative groups: the American Conservative Union, Free Congress Foundation, Freedom Alliance, National Taxpayers Union, Eagle Forum, Liberty Committee, Concerned Women for America, American Policy Center, Right March, American Policy Center, Patrick Buchanan, Grover Norquist, Frank Gaffney, Doug Bandow, Paul Weyrich, Tom DeWeese, Steve Forbes, Henry Lamb, Jeane Kirkpatrick, and Ron Paul. Senators James Inhofe (R-OK), Jefferson Sessions (R-AL) and John Kyl (R-AZ) are battling against LOST. In order for the LOST treaty to pass, it must win by a 2/3 vote in the Senate. The U.S. Constitution gives only the Senate the power to ratify treaties and all you need to STOP LOST (or any treaty) is 34 ?NO? votes. There are a lot of people who work in the State Department who could not care less about U.S. national sovereignty and they think they work for the United Nations not the USA.
LOST is being pushed hard by Senator Richard Lugar (R-IN), who has the support of the White House, but the real force behind this is the State Department which typically screws things up.
The real beneficiary of LOST is the United Nations which wants LOST so it can control the world's seas and so it can tax the world for 1) fishing rights 2) mining rights 3) oil and gas drilling rights. LOST benefits the unelected, unaccountable dictators? club that is the UN: Islamic theocracies, African dictators and the North Korean weirdo ? not to mention other America haters like France that tries to use the UN as a way to such money, power and national sovereignty from the USA.
Lobby Senate Republicans to vote NO on LOST.
Lobby with both PHONE CALLS and EMAILS to the Senators.
1-888-355-3588 = toll free number to US Capitol - they will connect you.
1-877-762-8762 = toll free number to US Capitol
Faxes can be sent to all Republicans for $19 at http://www.rightmarch.com
1-202-456-1111 = Whitehouse comment line President Bush?s email is firstname.lastname@example.org VP Cheney?s is email@example.com
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm Senate contact forms to send emails.
http://www.senate.gov/general/resources/pdf/senators_phone_list.pdf Senate phone numbers to make phone calls to Senate aides.
Lobby any Senator (not just your own). When you call you will talk to a staffer. Be polite, but firm. Tell them to vote ?NO? against the Law of the Seas Treaty. And then tell them the United Nations (25% dictators) is a worthless organization and it is in the U.S. national interest to WITHDRAW from that cesspool. Tell them the United Nations is not worthy of having an US ambassador and it is certainly not worthy or competent to control the world?s seas. Tell them you are an American citizen and American sovereignty is important to you.
LOST is coming under intense pressure from the grassroots
Your phone calls and emails make a huge difference!
Remember, all we need are 34 ?NO? votes to stop LOST!
Focus on these Senators and their direct lines:
1) Senators Bill Frist 202-224-3344, John McCain 202-224-2235 and Chuck Hagel 202-224-4224 ? all of whom want to be President.
2) Focus on Senators John Cornyn 202-224-2934 and Kay Bailey Hutchinson 202-224-5922.
3) "Moderate"/liberal senators need special attention. They are: Lincoln Chafee (RI) 202-224-2921, Arlen Specter (PA) 202-224-4254 Olympia Snowe (ME) 202-224-5344 Susan Collins (R-ME) 202-224-2523. Especially Sen. Chafee 202-224-2921.
4) Focus on the Republicans on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee : Richard Lugar (IN) 202-224-4814, Chuck Hagel (NE) 202-224-4224, Lincoln Chafee (RI) 202-224-2921, George Allen (VA) 202-224-4024, Norm Coleman (MN) 202-224-5641, George Voinovich (OH) 202-224-3353, Lamar Alexander (TN) 202-224-4944, John Sununu (NH) 202-224-2841, Lisa Murkowski (AK) 202-224-6665, Mel Martinez (FL) 202-224-3041.
5) Focus on conservative Democrat Senators such as Russ Feingold (D-WI) 202-224-5323. Feingold wants to be President (they ALL do!) and he might listen. Also Ben Nelson (D-NE) 202-224-6551 and Bill Nelson (D-FL) 202-224-5274
6) Again, remember to deliver an anti-LOST, anti-UN, pro-USA message to Senator
Senators Bill Frist 202-224-3344, Lincoln Chafee (202) 224-5922 and Senator Russ Feingold (202) 224-5323.
If you have any questions or suggestions on fighting LOST and fighting the UN, you can call me at (512) 306-1510; my email is Morrow321@aol.com. Thank-you and make your voice known about how you value our national sovereignty.
- Robert Morrow
Links to this post: